Looking for a fun place to work? Pals is currently hiring the following positions: General Manager
General Manager Job Description
- Set and ensure compliance with standards of quality for all products and services
- Make decisions in a timely manner
- Demonstrate good judgment in investigating and solving problems
- Take all opinions and suggestions under advisement before making decisions of major proportion, while assuming full weight of the decisions themselves.
- Handle difficult situations tactfully
- Consistently show ability to recognize and deal with priorities
- Maintain well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position and the situation
- Required: High School diploma. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality
- Experience required: at least two years of management experience in a related field; preferred five years or more.
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift 50 pounds, need to walk, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers. Must have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech, and be able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Mental requirements: Ability to do routine arithmetic calculations necessary for pricing, margins, and costs. Ability to prepare budgets and interpret financial operating statements. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
General Business Management
- Manage/Delegate the following responsibilities:
- Vendor ordering and delivery coordination
- Ordering and inventory for Pals merchandise
- Ordering of glassware and growlers
- Liquor ordering and inventory
- Month-end physical inventory
- Customer service; visible presence in taproom and interaction with customers to ensure Pals high standards of customer service.
- Safeguard confidentiality of customer, company, and employee information
- Handle reporting and distribution of tip pool to employees
- Regular meetings or other regular communication with managers, staff, and owners
- Scheduling staff appropriately, including proper staffing levels each day and active management of staff levels.
- Training of staff with focus on knowledge of craft beers and food menu items
- Review reports on comping and address violations of comping policies
- Hiring and firing, promotions, demotions, lateral moves, pay increases
- Employee discipline
- Employee morale
- Staff reviews (45-day, annual)
- Comply with Alcohol Server Training rules; train staff on how to deal with rowdy or intoxicated guests
- Health insurance and other HR issues
- Staff compliance with company policy manual
- Make sure all workers are in uniform and present professional appearance commensurate with position
- Develop budgets and operational objectives consistent with Owners’ goals and objectives.
- Safeguard and protect company assets
- Reconciliation and security of cash drawers and petty cash account
- Manage POS handhelds (weekly maintenance, nightly recharging, communication with supplier, troubleshooting)
- Review performance reports from ARRYVED system to manage for profitability; troubleshoot problems.
- Implement cost control measures, including proper pour levels, food item quantities, proper staff scheduling, and suggestive selling
- Maintenance and cleaning of taproom (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Maintenance and cleaning of sinks and drains for taps (daily, weekly)
- Maintenance and cleaning of kitchen (daily, weekly, monthly, annually)
- Maintenance and cleaning of ovens
- Maintenance and cleaning of bathrooms
- Maintenance of septic field
- Maintenance of outdoor facilities (Grain Bar, volleyball courts, mowing, grading, etc.)
- Compliance with health codes
- Insect control (fruit flies)
- Communicate regularly with all owners (Class A and Class B)
- Weekly meeting with Class A owners
- Follow Owners’ vision for great service; ensure Pals remains a great place to work
- GM may have responsibility for activities performed by senior staff, including senior staff who have ownership interests. GM must be able to collaborate with and communicate effectively and professionally with owners balancing GM ideas and priorities with Owners’ vision for Pals
Send resume and short note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and list GM in the subject line.